The Way to K! is our introduction of the prerequisites, procedures, and programs for incoming kindergarten students at Irene E. Feldkirchner Elementary School. You can view all of the information by clicking the headings below.
Irene E. Feldkirchner Elementary School
105 Andrew St.
Green Brook, NJ 08812
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us in the lead-up to “The Big Day.”
To register your child for school we will need to gather some information. Here is how the process works:
- You will need to complete the registration form (see below).
- After completing the form, our registrar will contact you and schedule an in-person appointment.
- At this appointment, you will need to bring the documentation listed below. Please note that without all of the below items, we cannot register your child.
- Proof of Residency (deed, lease agreement)
- Utility bill, showing parent’s name and address
- Original birth certificate or passport
- Immunization records
- After the documentation is verified you will sign an affidavit of residency. Once this is completed, your child is registered.
- As part of the registration process, you will be required to provide your student’s current physical and dental exam reports.
- After your child is fully registered online, you will be given appointments for a one-hour morning Kindergarten Orientation Program in May as well as a student screening. You will not be able to make these appointments until you have fully completed the online registration.
If you have any questions or concerns during the enrollment process, please contact the IEF front office at (732) 968-1052.
The online registration form can be found at the link below. Please follow all the instructions. If registering multiple students, you will need to complete a form for each child.
Policies and Regulations
District policies and regulations pertaining to registration are listed on the student registration page.
Please see the links below for important school health information, including required immunizations and health and dental screenings.
- DTP or DTaP (Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis): must have a total of 4 doses with one dose given after the fourth birthday
- Polio: must have a total of 3 doses with one given after the fourth birthday
- MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella): must have a total of 2 doses, the first is usually at or about 15 months and the second is just before Kindergarten entry
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): one dose after the first birthday
- Hepatitis B: a total of 3 doses
In addition to immunizations, students will need physical and dental exams. Please see the links below for details.
Kindergarten Supply List
- five sharpened pencils
- one box of crayons (24 count or smaller)
- ten glue sticks
- one box of washable markers ( box of 8)
- one composition notebook (marble notebook )
- one pencil box ( no zipper bags please, box only)
- one box of tissues
- one tri-fold rest mat (no sleeping bags please)
- one pair of safety scissors
- an old short sleeve adult t-shirt to be used as an art smock
- two boxes of baby wipes
- two rolls of paper towels
- one change of clothes
- two folders with pockets – 1 blue, 1 yellow, 1 green & 1- red
- backpack-no wheels
- two yellow highlighters
- four dry erase black marker
- one package 3×5 index cards
- five black pens
PLEASE LABEL THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME: rest mat, art smock, pencil box, folder, extra clothes