Mission Statement and Purpose
The purpose of the Green Brook Township Public Schools Athletics Program (grades 6 – 8) is to initiate, stimulate, and improve opportunities for students to expand their learning through competition; and to promote and develop leadership, sportsmanship, fitness, school spirit, and athletic excellence through mass participation in various athletic disciplines.
- Track and Field
- Girls’ Softball
- Cross Country
- Boys’ Soccer
- Girls’ Soccer
- Boys’ Baseball
- Girls’ Basketball
- Boys’ Basketball
- Girls’ Volleyball
Contact the Athletics Office:
Mr. Gary Schaefer
|Boys/Girls Soccer, Cross Country, Girls Volleyball||9/4 – 9/6|
|Boys/Girls Basketball||11/14 – 11/16|
|Softball, Baseball, Track||TBD|
Sports Participation forms due dates are:
|Soccer, Cross Country, Girls Volleyball||August 15th|
|Softball, Baseball, Track||February 15th|
1. Forms NOT received by due dates means No participation at try-outs!
2. Every sports season you need to hand in paperwork for participation in a sport (Forms Below).
* Click on Sports Participation Forms below and please provide all necessary signatures when filling out the forms!
All athletes must hand in either the white Sports Physical packet or the salmon colored Health History Update form. No forms, No try-outs! Sports forms can take up to two weeks to process. Don’t hand them in late!
In order for a student to tryout for an interscholastic sport at GBMS, they must have:
- A current NJ Sports Physical on file in the nurse’s office which has been approved by our school MD. The sports physical forms can be downloaded here: Sports Physical Forms
- If your child already has a sports physical on file in the nurse’s office and they wish to tryout for another sport, please make sure to fill out the health history update form. This form can be downloaded here. This form indicates to us that nothing has changed medically with your child since you last submitted the sports physical: Health Questionnaire – Health History Update Form
NJ State Law mandates that ALL physical forms MUST be reviewed and approved by the school physician prior to try-outs, practices or games/meets. Late forms will delay or eliminate athlete’s attendance at try-outs, practices or games/meets.
Required once per year to reflect a medical examination which was done within the last 365 days and prior to the form’s deadlines. A physical exam more than 365 days old has expired. A new physical exam must be submitted to the health office within two weeks of the expiration date should your child’s physical expire before the end of the season. An updated physical will need to be submitted for continued participation in the sport.
Note: GBMS and Watchung Hills Regional High School NO longer offer school physician in-school sports physical examinations. If you are in a bind and cannot get an appointment with your physician, MedExpress in Watchung gives physical exams for $30.00. MedExpress is located at 1569 US Highway 22, Watchung, NJ. Their phone number is (908) 322-2631.