Mission Statement and Purpose
The purpose of the Green Brook Township Public Schools Athletics Program (grades 6 – 8, with the exception of cross country) is to initiate, stimulate, and improve opportunities for students to expand their learning through competition; and to promote and develop leadership, sportsmanship, fitness, school spirit, and athletic excellence through mass participation in various athletic disciplines.
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK TO COMPLETE BASKETBALL REGISTRATION FORM BY OCTOBER 29: Basketball Registration 2021-2022
|Boys and Girls Soccer, Girls Volleyball||9/8 – 9/9|
|Cross Country (No tryouts necessary) Fifth grade is eligible to participate in this sport only!||Practice begins on 9/8|
|Boys and Girls Basketball||11/15 – 11/16|
|Boys Baseball and Girls Softball||3/21 – 3/22|
|Track and Field (No tryouts necessary)||Practice begins 3/21|
SPORTS PARTICIPATION FORMS DUE DATES:
|Soccer, Cross Country, Girls Volleyball||August 1|
|Baseball, Softball, Track and Field||March 4|
- Forms NOT received by due dates means No participation at tryouts! Please be aware that the situation may change, therefore you are encouraged to schedule physicals NOW! No waivers if physical is not provided. Sports forms can take up to two weeks to process. Don’t hand them in late!
Note: If you are in a bind and cannot get an appointment with your physician, Dr. Cook and Dr. Frank have decided to temporarily offer district students the ability to obtain their Sports Pre-Participation Exam in our office if they are not able to see their established primary care provider. The cost is $40.00. Please see the attached brochure for more details below.
- Every sports season you need to hand in paperwork for participation in a sport.
In order for a student to tryout for an interscholastic sport at GBMS, they must have a current NJ Sports Physical and student athlete forms on file in the nurse’s office which has been approved by our school MD. These are valid for 365 days, and are done once per year.
* Click on Sports Packet link below and please provide all necessary signatures when filling out the forms! Paperwork must be completed or it will be returned to you (for example: missing vision, signatures, etc.). All athletes must hand in the necessary paperwork. No forms, No tryouts!
These forms can be found by clicking the link below:
- Sports Packet 2021-2022.pdf (Hard copy only submitted to the School Nurse. No electronic copies will be accepted)
- Mandatory Student Athlete Forms (electronic submission)
- If your child already has a sports physical on file approved by the school physician in the last year in the nurse’s office and they wish to tryout for another sport, please make sure to fill out the health history update form that can be submitted electronically to the school nurse. This form indicates to us that nothing has changed medically with your child since you last submitted the sports physical: Health History Update
NJ State Law mandates that ALL physical forms MUST be reviewed and approved by the school physician prior to try-outs, practices or games/meets. Late forms will delay or eliminate athlete’s attendance at try-outs, practices or games/meets.
Required once per year to reflect a medical examination which was done within the last 365 days and prior to the form’s deadlines. A physical exam more than 365 days old has expired. A new physical exam must be submitted to the health office within two weeks of the expiration date should your child’s physical expire before the end of the season. An updated physical will need to be submitted for continued participation in the sport.
Click on the sport below to receive coaches information, practice/tryout information, game schedules, and directions to all venues.
- Track and Field
- Girls’ Softball
- Cross Country
- Boys’ Soccer
- Girls’ Soccer
- Boys’ Baseball
- Girls’ Basketball
- Boys’ Basketball
- Girls’ Volleyball
Contact the Athletics Office:
Mr. Gary Schaefer