COACH: Sara Girgus
Hello and welcome to the Green Brook Middle School Girl’s Volleyball Web Page. Please use the menu items below to navigate through the site. Coach information, game schedule, and directions can all be found easily. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com
TRYOUTS: Wednesday, 9/7 and Thursday, 9/8 from 3:15 – 4:45
- Knee Pads
- Be able to attend all practices and games; practices are everyday unless we have a game.
- Please click on the following link for the practice schedule :
Due to the large number of athletes participating in volleyball, attendance at practice is mandatory in an effort to provide a fair opportunity for the student athletes. If your daughter is unable to attend practice, it is her responsibility to let the coach know. Practice missed the day before a game will possibly result in your child not participating in that game. Parents can send in a written note or send an email to ? at @gbtps.org. The following attendance rules will be enforced:
- 2 unexcused absences = miss 1 game
- 3 unexcused absences = miss 2 games
- 4 unexcused absences = removal from the team
*Unexcused absence is being present in school and missing practice without notifying the coach. Receiving a lunch or after school detention will also count as an unexcused absence.
- All practices will end at 5:00. Please make sure the proper arrangements are made to pick up your child promptly.
- To participate in an away volleyball game, all students must ride the bus with the team to the game. Students who will not be traveling home on the bus after a game must provide an email/written note from a parent/guardian signed and dated.
- Administration/teacher detention will take precedence over practices and games.
- Students are encouraged to go for extra help in their academic classes and maintain a C average as per Board Policy.