Welcome to the Green Brook Middle School Cross Country Page
Coach: Mr. Chris Fox and Mrs. Yanes
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Chris Fox at email@example.com or Cathy Yanes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our schedule and directions to away meets are available in the links below.
|Registration and Medical Forms Due||August 4|
|Dates||August 31 – October 20|
|Days||Monday – Friday|
|Time||3:15 – 4:15 (practice)|
|Eligibility||Grades 5 – 8|
Please click on the following link to get the meet schedule: Cross Country Schedule
Due to the large number of athletes participating in cross country, attendance at practice is mandatory in an effort to provide a fair opportunity for the student athletes. If your son/daughter is unable to attend practice, it is their responsibility to let the coach know. Practice missed the day before a game will possibly result in your child not participating in that meet. Parents can send in a written note or send an email to Mr. Fox at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The following attendance rules will be enforced:
- 2 unexcused absences = miss 1 meet
- 3 unexcused absences = miss 2 meets
- 4 unexcused absences = removal from the team
*Unexcused absence is being present in school and missing practice without notifying the coach. Receiving a lunch or after school detention will also count as an unexcused absence.
- All practices will end at 4:15. Please make sure the proper arrangements are made to pick up your child promptly.
- To participate in an away soccer game, all students must ride the bus with the team to the game. Students who will not be traveling home on the bus after a game must provide an email/written note from a parent/guardian signed and dated.
- Administration/teacher detention will take precedence over practices and games.
- Students are encouraged to go for extra help in their academic classes and maintain a C average as per Board Policy.