Coach Kevin Weeks
Due to the large number of athletes participating in softball, attendance at practice is mandatory in an effort to provide a fair opportunity for the student athletes. If your daughter is unable to attend practice, it is her responsibility to let the coach know. Practice missed the day before a game will possibly result in your child not participating in that game. Parents can send in a written note or call him at (732)968-1051 ext. 2317. The following attendance rules will be enforced:
- 2 unexcused absences = miss 1 game
- 3 unexcused absences = miss 2 games
- 4 unexcused absences = removal from the team
*Unexcused absence is being present in school and missing practice without notifying the coach. Receiving a lunch or after school detention will also count as an unexcused absence.
- Schedule and directions to softball games are on the School Website under “Athletics”. ALL HOME GAMES ARE PLAYED AT GBMS!
- Practices will be held Monday – Friday from 3:00 – 5:00. Please make sure the proper arrangements are made to pick up your child promptly. Schedule subject to change.
- To participate in an away softball game, all students must ride the bus with the team to the game. Students who will not be traveling home on the bus after a game must provide a written note/email from a parent/guardian signed and dated prior to the game to your coach.
- Administration/teacher detention will take precedence over practices and games.
- Students are encouraged to go for extra help in their academic classes and maintain a C average as per Board Policy.