Coach Kevin Weeks
TRYOUTS BEGIN ON MONDAY, MARCH 18 from 3:00 – 4:45. ALL PLAYERS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR BOTH INDOORS AND OUTDOORS! PLAYERS WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THEIR OWN GLOVE AND CLEATS.
Due to the large number of athletes participating in softball, attendance at practice is mandatory in an effort to provide a fair opportunity for the student athletes. If your daughter is unable to attend practice, it is her responsibility to let the coach know. Practice missed the day before a game will possibly result in your child not participating in that game. Parents can send in a written note or call him at (732)968-1051 ext. 2317. The following attendance rules will be enforced:
- 2 unexcused absences = miss 1 game
- 3 unexcused absences = miss 2 games
- 4 unexcused absences = removal from the team
*Unexcused absence is being present in school and missing practice without notifying the coach. Receiving a lunch or after school detention will also count as an unexcused absence.
- Schedule and directions to softball games are on the School Website under “Athletics”. ALL HOME GAMES ARE PLAYED AT GBMS!
- Practices will be held Monday – Friday from 3:00 – 5:00. Please make sure the proper arrangements are made to pick up your child promptly. Schedule subject to change.
- To participate in an away softball game, all students must ride the bus with the team to the game. Students who will not be traveling home on the bus after a game must provide a written note/email from a parent/guardian signed and dated prior to the game to your coach.
- Administration/teacher detention will take precedence over practices and games.
- Students are encouraged to go for extra help in their academic classes and maintain a C average as per Board Policy.
How to sign up for Remind101
Text 81010 with the message @ladybengal to receive reminders about games and updates on practice and game changes.