GREEN BROOK MIDDLE SCHOOL BOY’S BASKETBALL COACH
732-968-1051 ext. 2308
Due to the large number of athletes participating in basketball, attendance at practice is mandatory in an effort to provide a fair opportunity for the student athletes. If your son is unable to attend practice, it is their responsibility to let the coach know. Practice missed the day before a game will possibly result in your child not participating in that game. Mr. Schaefer & Mr. Billman both teach at the IEF School. Parents can send in a written note or email me us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The following attendance rules will be enforced:
- 2 unexcused absences = miss 1 game
- 3 unexcused absences = miss 2 games
- 4 unexcused absences = removal from the team
*Unexcused absence is being present in school and missing practice without notifying the coach and receiving detention.
- Schedule and directions to basketball games are on the School Website under “Athletics”. ALL HOME GAMES ARE PLAYED AT GBMS!
- Practices will be held Monday – Friday from 3:00 – 5:00. Please make sure the proper arrangements are made to pick up your child promptly. Coach Schaefer’s Team will practice at GBMS and Coach Billman’s Team will practice at IEF (students will be transported by bus to practice & must be picked up at IEF after practice). Schedule subject to change.
- To participate in an away basketball game, all students must ride the bus with the team to the game. Students who will not be traveling home on the bus after a game must provide a written note/email from a parent/guardian signed and dated prior to the game to your coach.
- Administration/teacher detention will take precedence over practices and games.
- Students are encouraged to go for extra help in their academic classes and maintain a C average as per Board Policy.
- All league information including schedule, directions, standings, etc. can be found on the league website at www.cjjbl.com.