GREEN BROOK MIDDLE SCHOOL BOY’S BASKETBALL COACH
|Registration and Medical Forms Due||October 28|
|Dates||Nov 14 – Feb 11|
|Days||Monday – Friday|
|Practice Time||3:15 – 4:45|
|Eligibility||Grades 6 – 8|
|Tryouts||November 14 – 15|
TO ACCESS LEAGUE STANDINGS AND RESULTS, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:cjjblnj2022-23
Due to the large number of athletes participating in basketball, attendance at practice is mandatory in an effort to provide a fair opportunity for the student athletes. If your son is unable to attend practice, it is their responsibility to let the coach know. Practice missed the day before a game will possibly result in your child not participating in that game. Parents can send in a written note or email me. The following attendance rules will be enforced:
- 2 unexcused absences = miss 1 game
- 3 unexcused absences = miss 2 games
- 4 unexcused absences = removal from the team
*Unexcused absence is being present in school and missing practice without notifying the coach and receiving detention.
- Schedule and directions to basketball games are on the School Website under “Athletics”. ALL HOME GAMES ARE PLAYED AT GBMS!
- Practices will be held Monday – Friday from 3:15 – 4:45. Please make sure the proper arrangements are made to pick up your child promptly. All practices will be held at GBMS. Schedule subject to change.
- To participate in an away basketball game, all students must ride the bus with the team to the game. Students who will not be traveling home on the bus after a game must provide a written note/email from a parent/guardian signed and dated prior to the game to your coach.
- Administration/teacher detention will take precedence over practices and games.
- Students are encouraged to go for extra help in their academic classes and maintain a C average as per Board Policy.