District Assessment Dates
PARCC and Grade 5 & 8 Science Assessment dates have been revised. (2017-18 District Testing Calendar)
Beginning Bell rings at 7:50. Students are allowed to enter the building at that time. Students should not be dropped off before this bell unless they have an appointment with a teacher or are attending early morning music rehearsal.
DROP OFF and PICK UP: While on Jefferson Avenue, please drive slowly as more students are walking to school as the weather improves. Please comply with the following guidelines when dropping your child:
- Drop off/Pick up ZONE: auditorium parking lot;
- Please be courteous as you wait in line;
- Do not idle in the drop off zone;
- Do not exit the school parking lot through the bus lane in front of the school;
- After the tardy bell at 8:02, students should be dropped off in front of the building.
- After school activities end at 4:00 (unless communicated otherwise). Students should be picked up at 4:00.
GBMS After School Activity Clubs
Every year, teachers create and run after school clubs at a nominal fee (estimated cost based on enrollment). For the Winter Session, the following clubs are being offered:
Chess Club – Ms. Vicendese (Tuesdays – 3:00PM – 4:00PM) – Approximately $20.00 – $40.00
The Spring Session begins the week of March 19 and ends May 21. Pre-Registration DEADLINE – Tuesday, March 6
A minimum of 15 students are needed to run a club. Please pre-register by clicking on the following link –
Once a club has met the minimum number of students to run, parents will be contacted about FINAL payment and start date. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PAYMENT UNTIL NOTIFIED. Club advisors will provide students a schedule once enrolled.
Pennies for Patients will run from Monday, March 5th-Friday, March 23rd!
Our school is joining the fight against blood cancers and helping LLS fund research and care for patients.
We are asking students to bring in their spare change and cash to school. Students can donate during their PGC by putting your spare money into their class box. Students and parents can also donate online! Following the direction below to donate online:
- Visit the website: http://events.lls.org/pages/nj/GreenBrookMiddleSchool-2018
- Select “Join a School Team”
- Create a new account
- Sign in with your username and password
- Create your child’s online fundraising page
- Once created, share the link to your child’s online fundraising page with friends, family, and co-workers through email and social media
- Students receive a thank you gift for collecting $50 or more in online donations
Congratulations to our Math Team
Green Brook Middle School’s Math Team, led by head coach Vamsi Desu (Watchung Hills Regional High School senior) and assistant coaches Vivian Zhang and Jagdeep Bhatia (Watchung Hills Regional High School sophomores) wins second place out of over twenty-five teams at the MathCounts NorthCentral Regional Competition at the New Jersey Institute of Technology and is one of twelve teams in New Jersey to qualify for the State Finals. The four member team whose scores counted towards the team score were Bryan Zhang, Kevin Fu, Benjamin Liu, and Brenda Zhang. The other six individuals who participated were Anmol Bhatia, Sravan Desu, Mihika Naik, Arya Reddy, Ryan Wang, and Sara Liu. Bryan Zhang and Kevin Fu also won second and third respectively as individuals and will also be competing as individuals at the state level too. Good Luck as our team moves on.